Diana and I Became Better Friends
January 24, 2012 in Machines
When you’ve already bonded with a machine and the time comes for a new one, often the new one can be a learning adjustment in itself. Sergers, in particular, can be difficult to adjust to when you’re used to “the old way of doing things”. I’ve sat down with my new Baby Lock Diana Serger with basic seam finish projects, but hadn’t had a chance for the last several months to figure out the coveted cover stitch I’ve wanted for so long (I’m almost embarrassed to admit that it took me so long)! But, I finally figured it out this past weekend and it stitched out smoothly and beautifully. Once I figured out the set up, it really wasn’t that difficult. After I cover stitched a hem on a shirt, I was looking around the house to see what else I could hem with a cover stitch! I was disappointed when all I could find were 2 pairs of pants!